Forms of Nail Arts and Techniques
The art of nails includes cutting the nails in various pointed or circular edges, painting nails with vivid colors, drawing on them and, also decorating them by pasting certain beads on them. These can be elaborated as follows. The most basic form of nail painting is coloring them with nail polish. Some arts include taping away certain parts of the nail to include more than one color in the nail. The stencil method is another form used to paint the nails with more than one color. Sometimes, nail stickers are used as a handy way of getting attractive nails.
In the modern trend, the new concept of Newspaper Nails is considered one of the most attractive forms of nail art. It is a classical form of art that is easy to do and maintain in comparison to the heavy procedures of nail art drawings and nail bead pasting.
What is this art of Newspaper Nails?
This is an incredible idea of getting a new fashionable look on your glowing nails! Newspaper nails art is a new form of simple, yet attractive way to color your nails with the effect of newspaper fonts printed on your nails. It is said that it was the French artists who came up with this idea of getting newspaper printing onto nails. Even though there is no clear evidence to prove it right or wrong, this version of nail art is clearly undeniable.
You do not need to buy any additional tools such as stencils, paintbrushes, or stickers for this. Hence, it is proved that this is one of the easiest ways that you can do your nails on your own. Are you wondering how to do newspaper nails at home? Let’s find out!
What you need:
- Some strips cut off from a newspaper
- A small glass or a tray
- 70% rubbing alcohol or Vodka
- A light-colored nail polish (a pastel color of your choice)
- A Top coat nail polish of clear color
Newspaper Nails Step by Step
First of all, choose your font with some content printed in a newspaper. Take the paper and make some strips out of it, with enough width to cover your nails completely. Keep these aside and follow the procedure below.
- As the first step of this procedure, color your nails with the desired light pastel color and let them dry for few minutes. Even though the most prominent color is white, you can go ahead and use the color matching your favorite outfit. Use two layers/ coats of nail polish to get a better finish. The main reason for choosing a light color is that the printed letters would be more clearly visible on light-colored nails than on dark ones. Remove any nail polish that has been applied outside the nails or on the skin.
- Next, pour some amount of the rubbing alcohol into the small glass or tray you have. You may even use vodka for this. The amount should be enough to wet your nails completely. From here onwards, it is recommended to follow the procedure individually for one nail at a time.
- After your nail polish has completely dried out, dip your fingertips in the glass so that your whole nail gets wet with this rubbing alcohol.
- Next, place a newspaper strip (that you have prepared at the beginning) on your wet nail and hold it firmly for a bit over 30 seconds. Make sure that you hold it very firmly and do not move the strip.
- Remove the strip of newspaper. You will be able to see that the text of the newspaper has been printed on your nails.
- Continue the above steps 3, 4, and 5 for all the nails with different strips of newspaper. Be aware when placing the strips on the nails so that all the strips have the text facing in the same direction.
- The final step is to apply a top coat of clear nail polish. This secures the newspaper nails art from washing away or getting damaged.
That’s it! Now you have beautiful newspaper nails to enjoy your favorite outfit with!
If you have any difficulty in using rubbing alcohol or any preference issues, you can still enjoy this beautiful nail art without any alcohol. If you want to know how; let’s have a look at some other option through which you can create the same glowing effects of this art.
Newspaper Nails Without Rubbing Alcohol
As the topic states, you do not need alcohol of any form for this. But you would need some water as additional material to the list described above. Let’s get into the procedure directly.
- Apply an even coat of your desired color on the nails. Make it two layers, to get a better look. Let your nails dry for a while.
- Pour some water into the glass or tray you have. Dip the strips of newspapers you have prepared and soak them for few minutes. Make sure not to soak them too much, in case the newspaper would get dissolved completely.
- After the strips are soaked well, take a strip, press, and hold it against your polished nail for about a minute.
- Remove the strip and you would be able to see the letters of the newspaper are printed on your nails. Repeat the same for all the nails.
- Finally, finish your work by applying a coat of clear nail polish over the newspaper nails art.
Note: In this method, there may be difficulties in getting the print on your nails sometimes. The reason for this is that the paper might be printed with oil-based print. Therefore, it is recommended to use newspapers with water-based print. If you have trouble sorting out these two varieties, simply try the procedure by replacing the type of newspaper you used with another.
You can even try this out with magazines, comic strips, and other printed materials. But there may be drawbacks of having lighter traces on the nail in some cases due to the above-mentioned issue.
Let us know how your newspaper nails turned out!
Also Read:- How To Do Water Marble Nails