These nails are swirls upon swirls of fun! Water marble nails are creative and limitless in design. If you’re one that likes a different design on every nail, you’re going to be blown away by the possibilities. Every swirl pattern is different, which makes your nails a work of mesmerizing art. If you want to get lost in the swirl, here’s how you do it:
- A small bowl of lukewarm water and extra water (or nearby tap) to refill after each finger.
- Cotton balls
- Basecoat polish
- Topcoat polish
- At least two nail polish colors of your choice
- Nail polish remover
1. Collect all materials and get ready to marble!
2. Lay out the newspaper on a flat surface and prepare a small bowl of lukewarm water.
3. Apply a base coat to all of your nails.
4. Apply one coat of polish to your nails to prevent color gaps and to ensure a brighter finish.
5. Take one of your nail polish colors and carefully drip a drop into the water. Repeat and alternate with multiple colors to create a bull’s-eye effect.
6. Here’s your chance to get creative! With a toothpick, swirl the polishes in the water to create your desired marble effect.
7. Place one nail facing down into the water where you want the design to appear. Keep your nail under the water.
8. With a toothpick, clear away the excess polish from the water. The remaining color will pull away after a few seconds.
9. Now, pull your nail out of the water. If you are not satisfied with the results, take a cotton ball dampened with nail polish remover and try again.
10. Repeat steps 5-8 for each nail, allow some drying time, and apply a topcoat.
11. Clean up! Take a q-tip dipped in nail polish remover and clean up the edges of your nails where needed (Note: you may want to consider using tape to outline your cuticles for an easier clean-up).